Are you a skilled VFX Pipeline Supervisor seeking your next exciting opportunity? We are on the lookout for a talented leader with excellent communication abilities to join our team.
As the Pipeline Supervisor, you will be responsible for guiding the team in designing, implementing, and supporting our Film and TV VFX pipeline. In this role, you will serve as the primary architect of the system, collaborating closely with CG Supervisors, Leads, and the rest of the development team. You will play a vital role in ensuring our pipeline aligns with the studio's overarching requirements while catering to the unique needs of individual projects.
- Drive the design, implementation, maintenance, and evolution of our Film and TV VFX pipeline.
- Lead a team of department TDs and Pipeline Developers, overseeing task prioritization, ticket specification, code reviews, and code repository maintenance.
- Collaborate with senior supervisors and technical leads to ensure the pipeline fulfills the studio's needs while minimizing deviations to accommodate project-specific requirements.
- Serve as an escalation point for supervisors and production management, resolving pipeline and workflow issues effectively.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment, driving collaborative efforts across the studio.
- Proven experience working at supervisory level in the Visual effects industry for 5+ years
- Expert understanding of the Visual effects pipeline
- Excellent Python, Houdini, Nuke and Linux skills
- Experience in developing tools for studio main DCC packages Houdini and Nuke. Knowledge of Maya, Blender and various other tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to Lead others and work efficiently in a team
- Experience with source control systems and team development
- Prior experience working with and developing on Shotgrid and/or other Production & Asset Management Systems (we use Shotgrid)
- Problem-solving skills
- Forward-looking mindset and future-oriented outlook on the VFX industry
Nice to Have
- Prior experience and practical demonstrated knowledge of Universal Scene Description (USD) is a big plus